Knives & Needles: Star Wars, Tattoos and Wookiee Cookiees
By Brynne Palmer
Star Wars and I go back a long time ago, not so far way. I grew up in a household that loved the trilogy, and have so many fond memories of it intertwined in my childhood…. This photo is my second birthday party, my parents dressed up in homemade costumes!
After all these years, Star Wars has always been a big favorite of mine, and as the years fly by it only seems to be growing more and more popular! So it’s no surprise that I have been getting more and more requests for Star Wars tattoos. These are a few I’ve done recently….
After working on my latest Star Wars tattoo, I wondered how I could relate this phenomenon with our blog, and it dawned on me… Wookiee Cookiees! As a few real big nerds like me would know, Chewbacca’s home planet of Kashyyyk exports wheat flour, so I decided to make an appropriate cookie recipe for you to try, hope you like it!
1 1/8 cups wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup crushed up milk chocolate covered almonds
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 tbsp coarse sea salt (to set aside for later)
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon in a separate bowl
- Thoroughly mix butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Add the flour mixture and stir with wooden spoon until blended
- Stir in crushed chocolate covered almonds and chocolate chips
- Scoop rounded tablespoons full of dough placed 1″ evenly apart on baking sheet
- Sprinkle a few large crystals of coarse sea salt onto the top of each ball of dough
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool completely, yields about 16 cookies
For more K & N recipes visit this link: http://tattooartistmagazineblog.com/?s=knives+and+needles
You must log in to post a comment.