Find out how to get involved! This year’s P.ink Day will be October 10, 2015.
Last year was a huge success—it was truly a transformative event. Check these amazing pictures
Still, last year was a prototype experience. We learned from it and the plan is to make our next P.ink Day even better.
So here’s the deal:
- P.ink Day will be on 10/10 this year and every year, forever.
- Expected (but still unofficial) locations include: New York, Toronto, Columbia, SC, Chicago/Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Los Angeles. We’re also exploring the possibility of Miami, Denver and San Francisco.
- These local P.ink Days will be all-volunteer efforts of love—including participating artists, photographers, studio-owners, taxis, etc. All donations for P.ink Day will be in kind-donations of time, goods or services.
- Any financial donations will go to help survivors on the other 364 days of the year. Read about it here.
Hosting your own P.ink Day
How do you grow a movement? You get the right people and you give them the right tools. Starting with you. We’d like to encourage you to host a P.ink Day event on October 10th in your city. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, here’s what you’ll need:
- One or more artists who have experience with mastectomy tattoos (we can help).
- One or more survivors who want a mastectomy tattoo (again, we can help).
- A local leader to facilitate a great experience.
Who’s excited? You are. Tell us about yourself!
For more info go to http://p-ink.org/index
NEW BLOG: “Why I wanted my breasts tattooed”, by Juanita Williams, Survivor!