It’s never a good idea to tattoo yourself, even if you’re strapped for cash. If you’re thinking of getting a tattoo, you’re better off saving up the money for a professional tattoo artist rather than doing it yourself. We all know someone in the tattoo community who has (or had) a DIY tattoo and has regretted it ever since.
Since a needle with ink is inserted into your skin multiple times during the tattooing process, if performed improperly you could be exposed to disease, infection and allergic reactions. It’s important to get a tattoo from an artist who has the proper training and equipment and who will ensure that procedures are followed to protect your health.
Here are some of the dangers of DIY tattoos:
– You may be at risk of serious infectious diseases such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C or HIV (the virus that causes AIDS),or skin infections. Hepatitis B and hepatitis C can cause liver disease, including cirrhosis and liver cancer. There is no cure for HIV. Don’t forget about staph infection….ugh!!
– Tattoo equipment and inks purchased cheaply over the internet may be of poor quality
– Poor quality inks could have harmful substances that remain permanently in your skin
– An increased likelihood of scarring from skin infections or bad tattooing technique
– A higher likelihood of your tattoo not turning out how you want. Tattoo artists generally have more experience with placement of tattoos, the best positioning and design. If you’re not a tattoo artist, there’s a very good chance you’ll regret your DIY decision to tattoo.
– DIY tattoos may be illegal in some locations
And while we’re talking about the dangers of DIY tattooing, getting a tattoo overseas may carry similar risks. Other countries may not have the same infection prevention and control requirements for tattoo premises that are required in the United States.
Why expose yourself to these dangers? Use a professional tattoo artist in the USA instead of DIY!
SAVE $20 off this already discounted set of Tattoo Artist Magazine’s BLACK & GREY Masters BUNDLE!
*To see MORE and learn about some of the MOST AMAZING tattoo artists of our age, check out these deals from Tattoo Artist Magazine! There’s a reason tattooers themselves consider TAM the most informative and important tattoo magazine ever –
*Be sure to check out the digital issues of Tattoo Artist Magazine ON SALE NOW– JUST $2.99 – $7.99. TAM DIGITAL ISSUES
And look at our $.99 collection of TAM VIDEO Downloads available now!
Either way, See the BEST TATTOOS from the BEST ARTISTS in the world. Add to your collection today!